April 29, 2011

"Be true to your work and your work will be true to you": Pratik Bharali


Pratik Bharali , model from Guhati based in Dehli did many Ramp walks including Kolkata Culture Fashion Week, FashionIASTA etc. He is recently shortlisted for Gladrags from Kolkata. I caught up with the model to know about his journey till date and his experience as a model.

Excerpts from his Interview:

Tell us bit about your journey so far.
I have started modeling when I was sixteen, its been 6 years now. It’s been a great journey of ups and downs, there were days where I have done back to back shows and also days when I didn't get shows for months. Been appreciated at times and also criticized but over all a great journey.

Have you attended fashion modeling courses?
No I have never attended any modeling courses, but yes i have worked with a lot of fashion designers, choreographers and grooming experts, I have learned a lot from these people at various  times. I don’t think that we need a classroom to learn something.

How did you start modeling? What was your first big break in the industry?
I did my first show when I was 16,  for a amateurish fashion show, it was a beach festival and had an audience of around 30,000. I still get goose bumps when I think about it.

What is your dream modeling job?
My dream was to walk for the biggest designers of the country and do fashion weeks, till date I have walked for Vikram Phadnis, Riyaz Ganjee, Virtues, Sabyasachi, Kallol Dutta, Abhishek Dutta and so on, I have already walked for Kolkata Couture Fashion Week and very recently the Wills India Fashion Week. It’s like living in a dream. But still I have my eyes set on my next project, which is Van Husen India Men's Fashion Week.

With due respect to models, do you agree with the statement, model can’t act?
In my opinion models should not act at all, because of the whole process of "models turning into actor"  the youth thinks that modeling is a medium to get into acting, my concept is "if you wanna get into ramp,learn ramp walk basics and ramp expression, if you want to act then learn acting and dancing." Don’t merge both the worlds and make modeling industry over populated.

We all know Casting Couch exists, not only the girls guys were also approached. What do you say?
Yes, Casting Couch exists, every profession has some ill effects in it. But one should know how to deal with it and stay away. Luckily I never had any experience as such. Be true to your work and your work will be true to you, though it may take time but success is assured with dignity.

When you’re not busy modeling, what are some of your favorite things to do?
Fortunately I am always busy with my modeling work or in events.  When I am free I go out with friends, I like making  new friends, partying and working out in the gym.

Cheers,
-K Himaanshu Shukla..

Copyright © 2011 - ScrutinyByKHimaanshu

4 comments: