June 28, 2012

Karan Johar over-shoots ‘SOTY’, feels he’s making a sequel


Mumbai, June 28 (IANS) Filmmaker Karan Johar says he has shot a lot of extra footage for his directorial venture “Student Of The Year” - so much so that he feels like he is simultaneously making a sequel to the movie.

We have some days of shooting still left. I think I am making a sequel along with the film. I think its a never-ending saga… though its a fun-frolic, happy film. But I may have overshot it a tad,” Johar told IANS.

The film serves as a launch pad for three newcomers in tinsel town - model Siddharth Malhotra, Mahesh Bhatt’s daughter Alia and David Dhawan’s son Varun.

In the past week, Johar has been busy shooting the publicity campaign for the comedy and deciding upon its posters. But he loves the vibes he gets on the set with the young blood.

“I feel I am in a new phase of production which is great for Dharma Productions. We are doing great collaborations and I am directing fantastic newcomers in the film. So I am charged about it.

“I feel I’m blessed. I’m in a profession that lets me sing, dance, laugh and cry and still be at work. I don’t think I could be more fortunate than this,” he added.

Meanwhile, he is also busy judging dance reality show “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 5″ - his first venture on TV post his hit, glossy, celebrity chat show “Koffee With Karan”.

How does he manage the time. “I’m in the middle of too many things. ‘Jhalak…’ shoot happens one day a week. And fortunately I am doing a film with newcomers, so I can shuttle their dates around. So I can do ‘Jhalak…’, because I have the leverage to do that. It’s great fun,” said the 40-year-old.

The film is being co-produced by Karan and Shahrukh Khan.



"To read more about Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Click Here"


Copyright © 2012 - ScrutinyByKHimaanshu

1 comment:

  1. Great info. Luсky me I recentlу found your blog by accіdent (stumbleuρon).
    I've saved as a favorite for later!

    http://buckettrucksused2.edublogs.org/used-bucket-trucks/
    Here is my web blog used bucket trucks for sale

    ReplyDelete