June 03, 2014

I am open to do daily soaps: Madhuri Dixit

Join us on Facebook

Go-getting, graceful  Madhuri Dixit is all set to sizzle the small screen with yet another season of ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa’. We caught up with the charismatic dancing diva while she was shooting for the dance reality show. Excerpts of interview:

You will showcase western dance moves in the opening act of the show.
Yes I am dancing for the song Dhoom Machale for which we have selected a mix of Latino, salsa, tango, and flamenco.

For the first time in your  life, you have attempted a lift. Aren't you scared before the performance?
 I have attempted a lift for the first time and believe me is very challenging. And I did it. I am very adventurous that way. I am not scared of falling. My friends ask me if I don’t get sacred when I am sitting on a shoulder, at a height and rotating. If you are scared then you won’t be able to do it,

Last year you said, you want to learn tap dancing.  Now, what other dance form do you want to learn?
I want to learn different Latin styles of dancing because it has a lot of foot work like we have in Kathak. The lifts and acrobatics are not much in Kathak, but they are very graceful.

My kids are still very innocent, completely untouched by glamour world : Madhuri Dixit  

With a international judge Maksim Chmerkovskiy joining you, will this installment of Jhalak witness never heard or seen before international dance forms?
We are giving the celebs new international styles. This season, it is not only a challenge for the contestants, but also for us judges. I have been training in Latin dance forms and look forward to seeing new dance forms from the contestants as well.

Go on..
It will be a challenge for the contestants as they will have to learn to earn the marks. I think they should own the dance they are dancing. I love the line ‘the dancer becomes the dance’. As they progress in the show, we expect them to get their own personality.

We heard, you will be wearing western outfits.
After three seasons, we thought we will make some changes, go more with western and indo-western. Visually, too, it will look different. Anaita Shroff Adajania  is giving contemporary look, she is a fabulous designer. She has an eye for colours and styling. We are trying to get a formal look that could yet be informal, with not so very bright colours.

Maksim Chmerkovskiy, winner of 'Dancing with the Stars' to judge Jhalak!!

Is it true that judges will get stricter this season.
We have already set an amazing benchmark. So now we do not want to compromise with the benchmark set by the previous seasons . That's why we are going to get stricter this time.

So getting 8,9 or 10 marks will actually get tougher for the contestants?
Yes, they will have to work harder to get even 8 marks. We are planning to give them challenges every week in different forms be it dancing with the technologies like holograms.

Also, choreographers of the contestants will be exchanged after a few weeks?
We will the choreographers so that they come out of their comfort zone all of a sudden. That challenges and pushes them to get better.

Amitabh Bachchan  is all set to make a small screen debut with Yudh. If given an opportunity, will you do a fictional show on TV?
Well, I have not thought about it. If somebody approaches me and if I like it and think it is worth doing, I will have no qualms. As an actor you should not limit yourself; you can work on any screen.



Most of the young actors desire to romance with you on screen. How do you feel?
Oh! I feel flattered. I take it as a compliment.

Are you comfortable in romancing young actors?
I can't say anything right now. It depends on what the script is.

Monsoon is a doorstep ahead. Are you excited?
I love the monsoon. I like it when there is the drama of thunder and lightning. I like to get wet in the rain, take my kids also to get wet and have fun.


-K Himaanshu Shukla...



Copyright © 2014 - ScrutinyByKHimaanshu

3 comments: