August 15, 2014

Actors talk about their Independence Day memories of childhood

We caught up with a few celebs and asked about any of their special childhood experience on this freedom day.

Giaa Manek
Usually on Independence Day we would get an off, as in we would just have to come to school for sometime for doing the rituals of Independence Day. I remember, me and my 2 classmates used to sing patriotic songs after flag hosting, those were sweet innocent memories which I will always cherish.

Karan Sharma
I remember on Independence Day we used to line up and march in the school ground. Once, I was supposed to sing 'Nanha Munna Rahi Hoon', at that I was quite nervous and scared, that when I went on stage I forgot the song which I was supposed to sing.

Aasiya Kazi
When I was a kid I used make tricolor at home. I remember, every year while I was making our National flag my dad used to tell me, “Beta it's not just a piece of paper, it's a symbol of the Nation's respect and pride. Never ever disrespect it.”

Ankita Bhargava
For a long time in my childhood 15th August just meant holiday. It was only during teenage when we were introduced to films like Bhagat Singh, Mangal Pandey and Rang De Basanti, that I realised what 15th August really meant to this country. I remember our elders used to tell us stories about the struggle for independence, which was an eye opener and changed the way I looked at 15th August.

Sahil Anand
My grandparents used to buy me new clothes so that on 15th August I should wear new clothes and I remember all my family used to sing national anthem on 15th and morning which we still do that.

Chandni Bhagwanani
On every independence day I danced in the school on patriotic songs. I remember I did a show in NCPA in front of Mumbai police, when I was a senior student in Shiamak Davar's dance institute. We performed on 'Vandemataram', that was most memorable performance till date.

-K Himaanshu Shukla...

No comments:

Post a Comment