November 21, 2019

Calendar Girls Satarupa Pyne cries foul!

Satarupa Pyne, who made her Bollywood debut with Madhur Bhandarkar's Calendar Girls revealed a shocking details about a horrific shooting experience.


The pretty actress was roped in to play the lead role in one of the episodes of Ullu App's DCode (earlier titled as The Others), which was produced by Roshan Garry Binder and co-produced by Hiten Tejwani.

We heard, Satarupa was asked to wear some sleazy clothes without a costume trial on set , however the brave actress refused to bow down. When we got in touch with Satarupa, she told us, "I met Roshan Garry via someone, during our first meeting she had verbal narrated that this project might be a little on the bold side. I clearly informed to my capabilities to what I can and what I can't for the project. I had clearly mentioned, I wouldn't say or utter sleazy dialogues. As by the norms of the industry, without a look-test or proper costume trial, an actor can always have her/his opinion on what she is comfortable wearing on screen and what she can refuse wearing, and that's why a look test is a must. Here's to mention the director/producer Roshan didn't have the time for the look test or costume trial prior the shoot. She convinced me to sign the project, listening to my do's and dont's and agreeing to it on an amicable note."

Pyne was shocked when I went for the shoot where she was forced to wear revealing clothes. The actress said, "Our disagreements started when I saw a different desperate side of her nature, as the shooting commenced. She silently asked all her crew members to convince me into all her plans that she has planned already. They gave me uncomfortable, unfitted,  clothes, which I obviously refused to wear. I wanted to leave the project and walk out of the set. To stick to my professionalism and to call in for less chaos, I started shooting after they convinced to shoot on my terms and condition."

The actress had lodged a complaint in police station, when the producer refused to clear her payment. Disheartened Satarupa told us, "On the last day of the shoot, I was supposed to take my cheque and contract paper as discussed with Roshan. But she didn't give my contract paper, or cheque by not keeping the last day of the shoot. When I send her an invoice, her team abusively responded back to not pay. Later stopped picking up calls, hence I filed a complaint at the Oshiwara Police Station for cheating on my money, and not paying my dues on time."

We got in touch with Ullu App's CEO Vibhu Agarwal and quizzed about the payment issue. "We are extremely disappointed with Roshan's behavior towards the cast and crew of the web-series. I wish we could help them, but as per the contract Roshan is liable to clear the dues, we as a channel have nothing to do with it."

No comments:

Post a Comment