January 08, 2013

Imam and Sapna are entertaining but if they have to find a job, will they be liked by employers? : Salman Khan


How does it feel to be the host of Bigg Boss for the third time?  How much do you feel this season has been ‘a family show’? Why do the contestants gain attention by fighting all the time? 
I enjoy my work so it has been wonderful. I think it has been a parivarik show to quite an extent. Sometimes the contestants go over board since they have no phone, watch etc, so they tend to get irritated. This time has been far better than the previous few seasons in terms of abusive language, and violent behavior. All these things happen but people can make a big deal of small issues and portray it differently like Imam has done a few times.  If people become over friendly then some people think it’s boring but then similarly if the show gets violent due to circumstances, it is not easy to control individual emotions from outside. Generally, the younger generation loves the fights and the older generation doesn’t. A show with a format like this is hard to control and predict.

This time the campaign ‘Alag che’ surely kept up to its’ tagline. What are your views about the various changes that have been introduced in the format of the show this season?
The Bigg boss tour etc was designed for the authentic Bigg Boss fan to get a glimpse of how the show works. The other ‘Alag che’ elements have kept the viewers on the edge of their seats. And as a viewer I’ve liked most of the elements introduced so far.

As a host, how do you prepare yourself to deal with different kind of contestants?
Well, honestly it’s a tough job. I need to make sure I’m neither too sweet nor too harsh to the housemates. Both the extremes can be bad for them. It’s a very dicey show, because sometimes you need to take someone’s case but their parents as well as the whole nation is watching so it gets tough to decide when to be stern and polite.

You got furious with Imam and in fact took up for ‘Shahrukh Khan’ quite personally? What was the reason of the sudden outburst?
Well, it’s nothing personal here. We work really hard in this industry to become who we are today. There is a difference between what is true and what is not! I just stood by the truth. I also did mention the same about Preity Zinta. I wonder why people are not talking about that!

You have been very involved this season particularly. How do you manage to follow the show?
I watch every episode of the week. I catch the repeat most of the times as well since I sleep late. I’m very involved in whatever I do whether it’s a show, movie or whatever.

What is your message to the housemates as we approach the end of the season?
The contestants need to be careful about how they behave. Like on the show, Imam and Sapna are entertaining but if he/she has to find a job, will they be liked by employers? That’s where they need to take a call sometimes.

Last year you were upset with the show being too loud and you would become preachy… Are you happy on how the show has gone this year?
Well yes, the show has definitely gone really well this year. Not only from COLORS and Endemol but people from outside have also been following the show regularly. So yes, I’m happy with the show this season. The TRPs etc have been good as well, but for me personally, I just like to experience the fun elements along with a few small fights/ arguments in the house.

Who is the potential winner of this season according to you?
Urvashi, Delnaaz, Niketan and Sana are my top four. The votes are the final deciders though. My opinion doesn’t matter at all.

You shot for two episodes continuously for close to 12 weekends. How have you managed to be so fit, charming and energetic at 47? You also never seem to take a break and go on a vacation. Why?
I just have a very strict diet and routine now. All I do is concentrate is on work these days. My life is a holiday. I enjoy my work and don’t have many complains.

Will you be interested to host another season of Bigg Boss?
Hopefully, if I get an offer I would take it but it is farfetched so let’s see.
"To read more about Bigg Boss 6  Click Here"





Copyright © 2012 - ScrutinyByKHimaanshu

3 comments:

  1. Imam and sapna rock .......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Imam and Sapna have been EMPLOYED by Colors and ENDEMOL. So there is no question of whether they will get work or not. Lol.. Colors and Endemol didn't seem to have any issues about employing them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete