November 26, 2014

I am not scared of creepy, crawlies or heights: Iqbal Khan

Iqbal Khan, who was last seen in Life Ok's Tumhaari Pakhi will be soon seen doing stunts in Colors' reality show. We caught up with this talented actor before he was leaving for Capetown to shoot for Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi. Excerpts of his interview:

Is it a long due for Iqbal Khan to do a reality show?
I was little reluctant to do a reality show because of politics and extra drama that happens in most of the reality show. The first time they called me for Fear Factor, I said no. Then they called me again and tried to convince me by telling that this show is performance based and it has got nothing to do with how much natak you do. After that I gave green signal for Khatron Ke Khiladi.

Since you said it's completely based on performance, so there is absolutely no scripting happening in Khatron Ke Khiladi?
Little bit of scripting is there like last year they did a scene from Deewar. But that's just for the entertainment purpose otherwise the show will become monotonous.

Do you follow Khatron Ke Khiladi?
No I don't. I have not even seen an episode completely. And I don't want to watch it as I don't want to go with any perception.

Is there anything that freaks you about KKK?
As of now I cannot think of anything. I am not scared of creepy, crawlies or heights. If there is a rope and you have to walk in it. For me, to go on the rope is not a problem; I can go without any fear. But what matters is whether I can sustain over there or not?

How adventurous are you in real life?
I love sky diving and bungee jumping, but I am sure we are going to do much more than that.

Do you know other contestants?
I don't know much about them, I only know Aashish(Chaudhary), Hussain(Kuwajerwala) and Asha(Negi).

Do you think if a reality show has a Bollywood film-maker like Rohit Shetty featuring in it, then probably the contestants could have upper hand in bagging himself or herself a project in Bollywood?
If a filmmaker maker is featured in a reality show and then he decides to make a film with one of the contestants then he might get say 10 crores for the film, but that will be based on that filmmaker’s recognition not because of contestant. On the other hand, if that filmmakers makes the same film with a star then he might get 50 crores. Which is much more a lavish budget, so why wouldn't a filmmaker do a film with stars then to do it with a contestant like me? I don't see any of these reality shows helping me in that case.

Any kind of preparations you are doing right now for KKK?
I think it's more of a mental game than physical one. I am doing little bit of gymming and exercises.

-K Himaanshu Shukla...


Copyright © 2014 - ScrutinyByKHimaanshu

1 comment: