December 31, 2022

Gratitude Journal: When an angel gave me two hundred rupees



2022 is about to end, and I want to end by starting by appreciating those who knowingly or unknowingly helped me during trying times. Moving forward, I'll start writing about angels, who appeared in a human form and aided me in expected ways.

On 8 November 2016, the Government of India announced the demonetization of all ₹500 and ₹1,000 banknotes. The public had the option to surrender the invalid notes within the next 50 days.

Though I personally appreciated Narendra Modi's decision to demonetize the currency, it resulted in extremely long queues in front of Banks and ATMs, chaos, panic, and even several deaths.

I was working with a logistics firm at that time, and just a couple of weeks before the demonetization I was asked to find a new job. I was not fired, but they were not keen on expanding their software work here in India, that's why they politely requested me to move on.

Like others, I was also facing a cash shortage. Banks ran out of notes, we used to wait at automated teller machines but struck out there too as supplies to cash dispensers were down to a fifth of required levels.

During that time, we didn't even have the cash to purchase groceries. I used to shamelessly borrow vegetables from One of the vegetable vendors, who peddle them in front of our building.

One day, while I was purchasing the vegetables, I got an interview call from Capgemini. The HR asked me to visit their Vikhroli office. I told HR that I need at least ₹200 for traveling and requested him to take a telephonic or a skype interview since I was running out of cash.

The vegetable vendor overheard the conversation. While handling the vegetables she gave me two ₹100 notes. I was wondering why she is giving the money. Later she lovingly told me, "Aap interview deke aao".

This kind deed caught me off guard. Although it has been five years and I still don't know her name, I will never forget the smile on her face as she handed me the two $100 notes.

I pray for the loving energies of the Universe, to protect, and guide her and her loved ones.

Oh Loving God! we need more compassionate people like her on this earth.

-K Himaanshu Shuklaa...

2 comments: