July 30, 2024

Why Mita Vashisht’s Goodbye to Irrfan Khan Deserves Empathy, Not Criticism


Mita Vashisht recently shared how she tried to say a final goodbye to her friend Irrfan Khan at the cemetery. 

She said, "They didn’t let me in because women weren’t allowed inside. I stood outside near the barricade. Later, when they finally brought his remains, I was able to say my final goodbye. But then, unexpectedly, they came back and walked past me. The procession was so close to me that I laughed and said to myself, 'See, you came to say goodbye to me.'"

Many people criticized her for saying this. They didn’t like that a woman was visiting a cemetery and questioned why she laughed when talking about the incident.

But did anyone notice the sorrow in her eyes while she was laughing? Sometimes, it seems like the universe helps us fulfill our deepest wishes, even if they seem unusual. When she said, "Irrfan came to say goodbye to me," she was actually feeling proud. In a world where people often misunderstand the meaning of friendship, her deceased friend made sure to bring his coffin close to her just to say goodbye.

Be kind please, if you don’t have something nice to say, perhaps it’s best to say nothing at all. 

-K Himaanshu Shuklaa..

No comments:

Post a Comment