May 29, 2019

Jayashree Venketaramanan took lessons of accent from her friend for web-series..

Jayashree Venketaramanan, who did the shows like Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha Season 2 and Hum Paanch Phir Se is playing a sweet and simple girl in MX Player's Thinkistan. The actress says that she took inspiration from one of her friends for her role in the web-series.

Talking about her role in the web-series, the pretty actress said, "I am playing the role of Priya, who comes from a  typical TamBrahm (Tamil Brahmin) family. She was topper in the college and an extremely sweet, innocent and a simple girl."


Interesting, Jayashree is a Tamil Brahmin but she chooses to take inspiration from someone else to play the role. "Since I am a TamBrahm, most people might think that the tone and the accent must have come naturally to me. But that ain't the case, as I have been raised in Delhi and Hindi dominated our lives. It was only at home that I got some lessons in Tamil. While preparing for the role, I took inspiration from Shailaja, who is actually from Chembur and a TamBrahm like me. I hope she doesn't kill me and I hope my performance can only chuff her," Jayashree quipped.

For those uninitiated, Thinkistan is a corporate web drama, which is made in the backdrop of an Indian AD world set in the nineties age. The web-series has an interesting star cast, which includes Mandira Bedi, Naveen Kasturi, Shravan Reddy, Satyadeep Misra and Vasuki Sunkavalli.

No comments:

Post a Comment