October 28, 2022

Dear Chhathi Maiya

Dear Chhathi Maiya,

I remember when I was naive, I made fun of you, your devotees, and Chhath puja, yet you kept loving me.

Today, when I saw Alok Mishra's post related to Chhath Puja on Instagram, I revisited the past and realized I made a blundering mistake. I hereby repent and humbly request you oh loving mother to forgive me.

For a couple of years, I have been craving to observe fast during chhath. I promise next year, I will keep the fast along with my soulmate. Though at this moment, I am unaware of the puja rituals, I am sure you will be providing us with the knowledge and resources so that our Chhath Puja will be completed smoothly.

I already started visualizing myself and my soulmate performing Puja, while Shardha Sinha's 'Pahile pahil hum kahinee, Chhathi maiya vrat tohaar. Kariha kshama Chhathi Maiya, bhool chuk galti hamaar,' played in the background.

Your loving son!
-KHS

No comments:

Post a Comment