February 16, 2011

Now I want to do some negative character : Shalini Arora

Shalini Arora is currently playing pivotal roles in ‘Pavitra Rishta and ‘Apno Ke Liye...Geeta Ka Dharma Yudha’.She did many daily soaps like Tere Liye, Kayamath, Sabki ladli bebo, Jaha pe basera ho, etc.



I managed to catch the actress in-between her hectic shooting schedule for a candid chat.


When was the first time you faced camera?
In 2001, my first show was 'Asha ki Kiran' for ETV Hindi, where I played the badi bahu.

How has the experience been in Apno Ke Liye...Geeta Ka Dharma Yudha?
Very nice, I am playing Manorama, mother of Geeta. Manorama is very straight forward lady, she is very supportive to her husband and knows how to maintain family.

Do you think Geeta would have got better ratings if it was placed at a prime time slot?
Yes off course.

Why?
Because the concept is very strong, its passive and aggressive story. Geeta got TRP ratings of 1.3 in first week at 6:30 time slot, and our average TRP is .9 to .7, I think it could have been much better if Geeta will be aired at prime time.

Can you share your memorable moments from the Pavitra Rishta?
Pavitra Rishta is very special to me. I did so much of work prior Pavitra Rishta, but I got name and fame after playing Bhavana Kaki. I got Geeta..because of Pavitra Rishta, that too on the same channel.

There are rumours that Pavitra Rishta is going off air soon, is it true?
No, not at all. Pavitra Rishta is no. 1 show and is getting constant TRP. I agree PVR faced so much of ups and downs in TRP's. Don't know why people are spreading such rumours.

What do you enjoy playing most; positive or negative?
Till now all the characters that I portrayed are positive, now I want to do some negative character.

Why negative?
Because I think that doing the typical positive roles with rona-dhona, is easy when compared to negative vampish roles. And when you are doing negative roles you get the chance to try yourself with voice modulations and character change, negative character holds more emotions.

Did you feel that you are repeating yourself by portraying same motherly characters?
At times I did feel that all the roles are quite repetitive. But you have to agree that all the characters are motherly, but there presentation is different.

You were mostly associated with Balaji shows, any particular reason?
I love working here, the security and the recognition that one gets in Balaji never makes you say no to Balaji Telefilms.

If given an option to leave Balaji for another Big Production house, will you say yes?
NO, I will not leave Balaji.

Were you offered any reality shows?
Not yet, but I am waiting for it.

What type of reality show you are looking forward to?
Bigg Boss(smiles)

Why Bigg Boss?
Because its quite appealing.

Have you come across any differences with your co-stars till date?
I like to stay away from controversies.

Tell us something that people do not know about Shalini?
I can dance well (smiles).

Hope you receive call for some dance reality show.
I am waiting.

Any message to your fans?
A big thank you people for your love, good wishes and blessings, that will keep me going on. If there is any feedback you would want give me, please do so, you are most welcome. God Bless.

-K Himaanshu Shukla...

Articles related to Shalini Arora:
Copyright © 2011 - ScrutinyByKHimaanshu

7 comments:

  1. wow sir sa'ab she looks o sweet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pls shalini aunty dont do negative roles......

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG pavitra rishta is gng off sir .

    ReplyDelete
  4. himaanshu sir we want bidaai season 2 with angad, sara, kinshuk and parul

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please for god sake dont say yes for negative characters....

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice interview, tell her not to do -ive role.

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice interview. but I want Ankita lokhande interview we love ankita she is the best:)

    ReplyDelete