January 18, 2013

Women our Telly Diva's admire...

[Article for a fashion magazine..]


In one of the verse of our ancient scripture, Manu declared “Yatra naryastu pujyante, ramante tatra deva." This means, God resides where women are worshipped. Woman is just a small five letter word but it has the power to limit the entire world in it. Women undoubtedly play an important part in everyone’s life.  Each and everyone one of us have at least one woman who contributes to our life in some or the other way.  And thus we admire that woman...be it our mom, sister, better-half, friend or a daughter. We caught up with some ravishing Telly Diva’s to know about the women they admire..


Ankita Lokhande became a household name by playing Archana in Balaji Telefilms’ show on Zee TV, Pavitra Rishta.  She shares, “I admire my mother the most. She was a school teacher and is still working with a college in Indore. It’s been 24 years she is working and managing our family very well.” Ankita’s mom was taking lectures in school a couple of minutes before she was born. She is dedicated to her responsibilities as a teacher and as a housewife.

Ankita also admires her Nani, who was also a working woman, “Almost every woman in our family is working somewhere. It’s not about money, it’s because we want to remain self-dependent, and it’s about our dignity and self-respect. I learned to stand on my feet because of my mom and nani. Whatever I am today is all because of them.


Kritika Kamra, cute and bubbly Dr. Nidhi of ‘Kuch Toh log Kahege’ said, “Off course my answer is my Mom. I know it’s a very common answer but our mothers play an important role in our family.  I always say my mother is the strongest woman I’ve ever met in my entire life.  She is very enterprising and ambitious.  She does not have any priority for herself; her first priority is her family. I am very close to her and always seek her advice whenever I need any suggestions.  I think I am like my Mom.

Avika Gor who shot to fame as little Anandi of 'Balika Vadhu' serial is currently playing Roli in ‘Sasural Simar ka’.  She is well known for her long speeches during award functions. From producer to co-stars, from director to makeup dada, from spot boy to camera man...Avika always has a long list of people to thank after getting an award. As expected she has a big list of Women she admires.  I have a long list, as I admire a lot of women in my life and I feel proud to say they are my role models. First comes my mother, she is my pillar of strength. She taught me how to care. Then my school principal, from her I learned to be disciplined.  I learned how good business can be handled through Rashmi Sharma (producer of our show). I admire Sushmita Sen and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan for their brains with an aim in life. I admire Kareena Kapoor and Katrina Kaif for their hard work and beauty. Konkana Sen Sharma, Vidhya Balan and Rani Mukherjee are very talented; I learned a lot by watching their acting. For dancing skills I admire Madhuri Dixit and Karishma Kapoor. And the list goes on (smiles). Everyone has a unique quality and I learn something or the other from each person I meet.

Petite and soft spoken Giaa Manek, who made her TV debut as Gopi Bahu of ‘Saath Nibhana Saatiya’ is playing a Jennie in Sab TV’s ‘Jeannie Aur Juju. Unlike Avika she prefers to wrap up by giving a short reply. “I do not believe in giving long gyaans, so I am answering in just one sentence (laughs).  I admire my mom because she is selfless.”


At last we contacted Deepika Singh aka Sandhya from ‘Diya Aur Baati Hum’. “Though I am quite different from my mother, but she is the only woman I admire.  She accepted all the challenges and took the right decisions at right time.  You will always see a smile on her face, be it any condition. I never saw her sad face. She is an expert when it comes to hiding problems from us and the only reason behind hiding is that she doesn’t want to make us sad.”

This was a sneak peak at the admiration's of our telly divas. As expected all our telly divas admire their moms and definitely they are not wrong at this. Mother is one self-sacrificing woman who can go to any extent for the betterment of her child. Salute to all such women..

-K Himaanshu Shukla..



Copyright © 2012 - ScrutinyByKHimaanshu

7 comments: