August 14, 2022

#ShortStory: Let it die inside my body


They both enjoyed monsoons, it was a romantic evening, and it was pouring outside. The cherry on top was the soothing music, which was being played on a piano in the background.

She was cutting pears and was looking absolutely gorgeous. He couldn't control himself, grabbed her elbow, and tried to kiss her on the forehead.

He was so captivated by her eyes that he failed to see that she had been cut by the knife and that her ring finger was bleeding.

A teardrop rolled down her cheeks just as he was going to kiss her lips. She was in pain, but because they were together, she was smiling.

"My love! what happened?" he asked. 

While trying to cover off her wounded finger, she said, "Nothing darling."

However, he noticed the blood and immediately started sucking the wound.

She laughed and said, "There is no vampire in you. Why are you acting in this way?"

He affirmed, "Because I love you."

He then said, "I believe with every cell in my body that every cell in yours must not, must never, die, and if it does have to die, let it die inside my body."

-K Himaanshu Shuklaa
(inspired by Andre Aciman)

1 comment: