June 26, 2012

I hold record of 22 films with new directors: Boman Irani


Boman Irani worked in Rajkumar Hirani’s first film “Munnabhai M.B.B.S” and recently teamed with Rajesh Mapuskar for his debut vehicle “Ferrari Ki Sawaari”. The talented actor, known for his comic roles, says he has never hesitated to work with newcomers in his decade-long career.

I hold a record. I have done 22 films with new directors. There are a lot more young directors out there. I cannot be accused of working with only the big guns,” Boman told IANS.

Praising Mapuskar, he said: “For a first time director, this is an exceptional film. The guy is pressing the right button and giving you the right space and that is direction. Above all, he is a wonderful director and a good human being.

With over 60 films to his credit, Boman feels comfortable in his space and doesn’t get cold feet before the release of his films.

I think I am too old to get nervous now. I get more excited like a child. What’s done is done. You can do nothing about it now,” he said.

He successfully played an agitated professor in “Munnabhai MBBS” and an over-confident science professor in “3 Idiots”. The success of the films has raised fans’ expectations from him, but the 52-year-old has no plans to set any milestone for himself.

We did not do ‘Munnabhai’ or ’3 Idiots’ keeping milestones in my mind. What people expect and believe is their birth right,” he said.

The actor says that “Ferrari Ki Sawaari” has drained him emotionally.

For, me like anyone else, I do not wish to get misunderstood in my endeavour. The film has taken a lot out of me. It was the emotionality in the film that drained me completely,” Boman said.
After “Ferrari Ki Sawaari”, Boman will be seen romancing Farah Khan in “Shirin Farad Ki Toh Nikal Padi” when it hits theatres Aug 24.

SOURCE: IANS





Copyright © 2012 - ScrutinyByKHimaanshu

No comments:

Post a Comment