December 18, 2021

How to add Infinite Scrolling to Blogger?

Until now by default I was showing 7 posts by default on my home page. Recently one of my friends suggested changing it and adding infinite scrolling. Initially I thought I needed to make a couple of modifications in my template, but I was wrong. It was a quite simple process.



What is Infinite Scrolling and how does it work?

If you are using social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, you must have seen this feature. Instead of showing 'Older/Newer Posts Links', we can load posts dynamically whenever the user clicks on the 'Load More Posts' button or simply by scrolling down the page.

When we add this feature it will be applied to all the Blogger posts on index pages (e.g home page).

How to add the Load More Posts button to Blogger?

1. To do this you need to go to log into your Blogger account and click on your blog where you want to add it.
2. Now go to Blogger Dashboard › Select Blog › Template tab › Edit HTML.
3. Search </body> in the html template.
4. Just above the </body> tag, add the script below:

5. Save the template.
6. Go to your blog’s home page and see the script in action

How to add Infinite Scrolling to Blogger?

If you want to add the infinite scrolling without button, paste this in the template:

-K Himaanshu Shuklaa..

No comments:

Post a Comment